- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine, to add at the end
- Stir together sugar and cocoa in a 2 quart saucepan. Stir in milk.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture come to a boil.
- Mixture will "puff up" in the pan, but should not boil over. It will eventually boil back down, about 2 minutes or so. When it has done this, boil for about 30 seconds longer, until you are happy with the consistency.
- Stir in margarine and serve over fried eggs and biscuits.
*This is a passed down family recipe.