- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Peel bananas and mash in a large bowl. Combine with sugar and margarine; whip well.
- Add other ingredients, except nuts, and beat well. Mix in nuts.
- Pour into 2 well-greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pans. Bake 40-60 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from pans and cool on rack. This bread freezes well.
Cook's note: For a taller bread, one recipe will probably fit in a loaf pan. Adjust cook time accordingly.
This is a recipe that I have had for a long time and do not know where I got it.